St. Louis Defective Medical Devices Lawyers
There is no doubt that today’s doctors can do some amazing things for people suffering from chronic illnesses and debilitating injuries. Advancements in prosthetic limbs and artificial joints have changed many people’s lives for the better. However, no industry—including the medical industry—can experience success without failure. Unfortunately, failure in medicine often means that patients are left worse off than they started. They may have devices implanted that fail long before they should or may be harmed by equipment used during surgical procedures. Either way, when you are the victim of a failed medical device, you need an experienced medical malpractice and defective product attorney to help you seek the compensation you are entitled to.
Harmed By A Defective Medical Device? We Can Help You Recover What You Are Owed.
What Can—and Does—Go Wrong With Cutting-Edge Medical Devices
Any medical device can experience malfunction that harms a patient, but certain specific devices and types of devices are known to be prone to malfunction. Whether you believe you have been harmed by a product known to have problems or a product with no history of defect, we can research your case and fight for the best possible outcome for you.
Some devices with a history of harming patients include:
- Hip implants. Patients with debilitating hip pain are grateful to be offered relief through a hip implant, but hip implant products released with a metal-on-metal design have been shown to cause metallosis and to fail in many patients within a few years of implantation. The Stryker Rejuvenate Modular and ABG II Modular-Neck Stem systems have both been recalled by the company, as have DePuy ASR hip implants.
- Knee replacements. A knee replacement can be a life-changing surgery for those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis, but when the surgery has to be repeated to correct problems caused by the implanted device, the patient can suffer unnecessary pain and recovery time. The Zimmer Persona knee implant was recalled by the FDA in 2015 due to its tendency to loosen with use and damage the remaining joint.
- Surgical warming blankets. When undergoing surgery, patients are at risk for hypothermia caused by a drop in the core body temperature. To counteract this risk, surgeons use electronic warming blankets to regulate a patient’s body temperature. One such device, the 3M Bair Hugger Warming Blanket, has been shown to cause deep tissue infections by exposing patients to contaminated air being circulated during surgery.
- Blood clot filters. Retrievable inferior vena cave (IVC) filters are small metal devices that are implanted in a patient’s vein to prevent a blood clot from travelling to the lungs. These devices come with risks, however, including the possibility of device migration, damage to the vein, filter fracture or perforation, and failure to stop the clot.
- Transvaginal mesh. Women suffering from incontinence or pelvic weakness following childbirth, hysterectomy, or menopause may have undergone surgery to implant a transvaginal mesh to permanently correct the problem. However, meshes manufactured by several different companies have resulted in organ perforation, infection, and erosion of vaginal tissue.
If you or a loved one has suffered illness or injury following the use of any of these devices, you need the advice of an experienced medical device attorney. Wyatt Wright has fought for victims of these defective products and can fight for you too. Don’t simply join a class-action cause. Get the personal attention you deserve with our legal team.
Wyatt Wright Will Fight for You
No one wants to suffer in pain when a miracle solution is being offered by a trusted doctor, but when that miracle turns out to be a nightmare, you are not to blame. Very often, your doctor or surgeon is not to blame either. However, the manufacturer of the product should be held accountable. If you think you have been harmed by a defective medical device, contact us via the link on this page for a free consultation. We will help you prove your case and stand up for what’s right.
St. Louis injury attorney Wyatt Wright’s law firm has a lot of work to do in deciding how much your case is worth. We’ve got to visit with you and really understand how this wreck has affected you. It affects everybody differently. Some people have many surgeries...read more
By far the majority of cases settle without going to court. When an injury lawyer is able to present a case in a way that insurance companies understand – when they recognize a law firm who’s strong, tough and competent on the other side – cases tend to resolve for...read more
Statically speaking, people who hire an accident lawyer fare far better than those who don’t. Look, the insurance companies have one goal in mind and that’s to pay as very little as possible. In deciding which law firm to hire, you want one with experience; one who...read more
Every injury claim case has a limitations period. That’s a deadline that all claims have to be filed by. It’s absolutely critical that you talk to a competent lawyer as soon as you know you’re injured. Timelines can expire. You don’t want it to happen to you. Call the...read more
As personal injury attorneys, we get great results for our clients! Being able to understand what everybody needs is important to us. Every client is different. I want every client to leave satisfied and I’m going to work darn hard to make sure that it...read more